Demonstrate flight proficiency (FAR 61.187).
a. You must receive and log flight and ground training and obtain a logbook endorsement from an authorized instructor on the following areas of operations for an airplane category rating with a single-engine class rating.
1. Fundamentals of instructing
2. Technical support areas
3. Preflight preparation
4. Preflight lesson on a maneuver to be performed in flight
5. Preflight procedures
6. Airport and seaplane base operations
7. Takeoffs, landings, and go-arounds
8. Fundamentals of flight
9. Performance maneuvers
10. Ground reference maneuvers
11. Slow flight, stalls, and spins
12. Basic instrument maneuvers
13. Emergency operations
14. Postflight procedures
b. The flight instruction must be given by a person who has held a flight instructor certificate during the 24 months immediately preceding the date the instruction is given and who has given at least 200 hr. of flight instruction as a CFI.
c. You must also obtain a logbook endorsement by an appropriately certificated and rated flight instructor who has provided you with spin entry, spin, and spin recovery training in an airplane that is certificated for spins and has found you instruction ally competent and proficient in those training areas, i.e., so you can teach spins.